Search engine optimization is an integral part of online marketing for your business. Google receives over 63,000 searches per second every day. Most of the people who search online, rarely go past the first page. If you have an online business or a custom webpage for your business, then you want it to show up on the first search results page on google. SEO is how you make this happen.
There are a lot of businesses out there offering the same products and services, but how does one website rank higher than the other? SEO in simple terms is the use of keywords and keyword topics to help increase the visibility of your website. Google usually searches for the most popular SEO terms on the web; therefore, these terms are not always the same. It is also essential to understand that it will take time for your custom-made website to rank high on Google, even with the use of SEO. A professional SEO firm should know this.
If you don’t quite understand how SEO works, it is advisable to seek the help of a professional SEO team or an SEO specialist. SEO without all the technical jargon is not difficult to understand. However, as a business, you must begin by choosing the right custom web design and SEO company. Such a company will have a professional SEO team together with custom web designers who understand that a website must be built with SEO friendly codes.
If you already have a custom-built website here are a few ways you can improve your web page ranking on search engines.
- Internal links: Internal links are links that you put within your content that leads to other content in your website with relevant information related to what you are writing. Internal links help to promote other content within your site that have a low ranking. Also, bounce rates are low when you use internal links. When customers see that you have provided more information about the subject from another source, they are more likely to stay on your website for more.
- Anchor texts: Anchor texts are links that are added to a word/s within the content on your website. Search engines such as Google or Bing, better comprehend your content through anchor texts. Most SEO professionals will advise you to avoid using the same link across words because it is suspicious to the search engine.
- Regular site upgrades: This is crucial if you want your website to be on the top in search results. As mentioned earlier, search engines such as Google conduct their research on the most popular keywords on the web. These keywords change regularly, and so should you. Improving your website influences the index and crawling of your website. Always make sure that your website is user-friendly.
- Content: First rule of content is to be consistent. The more frequently you write, the better ranking your page will have. The word count should not bother you much as long as you are using the right keywords. People are looking for relevant, entertaining, and informative content.
- Headlines, titles, and tags: All topics should be related to the content of the article. It is recommended that titles should have not more than 65 characters. Avoid wordy titles that tend to have irrelevant keywords.
Other ways of improving your website ranking on search engines include XML sitemaps and click-through rates. The XML sitemaps notify the search engine when sites are added or removed from Google. You can improve your click-through rates through authorship, schema markups, and meta description. Research has shown that websites with schema markups rank four positions higher.