The quality of your website’s photos can make or break the design. Photography is often overlooked, but it is one of the most critical elements on a website.
Using the perfect photos makes a tremendous difference in the impression and effectiveness of your website. There are so many otherwise decent websites that are ruined by poor photo choices or low-quality photos.
It is crucial that you do not skimp on photography. The best possible scenario is to have a professional photographer take photos for your website. If this is not in the cards, you should have your designer choose good stock photos that properly represent your company.
Here are some tips when using photography on your website:
- Always use professional photos – If you cannot hire a professional photographer, make sure your designer has access to stock photos.
- Use photos of people. It creates a connection for your customer.
- While photos of people are good, avoid the cliché photos.
- Always show positive imagery.
- Less is more. Make each photo significant.
When visitors view your website, they are making a quick decision on the credibility of your company and what level of trust they will have in your brand. This is your chance to create a website that will influence your customers through design and imagery. Great photos will have a positive impact.